This is the third post in a Bible study series called Loving God With All Your Heart: Portraits of Love. You can find the other posts in the series here:
I don’t know about you, but I’m learning so much by examining the lives of biblical characters and considering how they obeyed the first and greatest commandment:
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” (Deuteronomy 6:5)
The focus of this weeks portrait is Daniel. You may be familiar with certain snapshots from his life, but if you’re like me, you’ve never paid careful attention to how He demonstrated his love for God.
What you’ll need this week: your Bible, a pen or pencil, Portrait of Love: Daniel printable
A few notes before you begin:
- Space out your reading through the week, answering the questions as you encounter them in the text.
- Don’t rush through your reading! Focus on quality over quantity. Consider Daniel as a real person with real emotions and real problems. Think about what his experience was like. His life is recorded on the pages of God’s Word as an example for you! What can you learn from him?
- Begin and end your time in God’s Word with prayer. There is no better Teacher than the Holy Spirit, and He can open your eyes to God’s truth and help you apply it.
- The printable worksheet provided is only a guide. You will likely need to continue some of your answers on the back of the page. Feel free to add to the outline or omit from it. The goal is simply for you to ponder and apply the Scriptures.
- As you read, keep our main question in mind: What can I learn about loving God with all my heart, soul, and strength?
Grab your printable and let’s get started!
All done? Here’s week four! – Portrait of Love: Paul
Week five – Portrait of Love: David
Week six – Portrait of Love: Peter